Energy stocks finished flat today on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was steady, the Nasdaq fell 0.1% and the S&P 500 stayed the same.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Alon USA Energy (ALJ): ALJ stock is up 1.8% today and up 28.7% in the last month.
- Energy Xxi [Bermuda] Limited (EXXI): EXXI stock is up 1.5% today.
- Cabot Oil & Gas Corp (COG): COG stock is up 1.4% today.
- Laredo Petroleum Holdings Inc (LPI): LPI stock is up 1.4% today.
- Tesoro Petroleum Corp (TSO): TSO stock is up 1.2% today.
- Core Laboratories N.V. (CLB): CLB stock is up 1.2%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- BP Prudhoe Bay Royalty Trust (BPT): BPT stock is up 1.2% today.
- Carrizo Oil & Gas (CRZO): CRZO stock is up 1.1% today.
- Cimarex Energy Co (XEC): XEC stock is up 1.1% today.
- Ep Energy Corp (EPE): EPE stock is up 0.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Comstock Resources (CRK): CRK stock is down 2.0% today.
- Talisman Energy Inc (TLM): TLM stock is down 1.9% today.
- Tesoro Logistics LP Common Unit (TLLP): TLLP stock is down 1.6% today.
- Alliance Holdings Gp L.P. (AHGP): AHGP stock is down 1.5% today.
- Halcon Resources (HK): HK stock is down 1.1% today.
- Alliance Resource Partners L.P. (ARLP): ARLP stock is down 1.1% today.
- Cnooc Limited (CEO): CEO stock is down 1.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Whiting Petroleum Corp (WLL): WLL stock is down 1.0% today.
- Kodiak Oil (KOG): KOG stock is down 0.9% today.
- Natural Resource Partners LP (NRP): NRP stock is down 0.9% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.