Energy stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street so far on Monday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.1%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.2% higher, the Nasdaq was up 0.3% and the S&P 500 rose 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Yanzhou Coal Mining Company (YZC): YZC stock is up 4.9% today.
- Bonanza Creek Energy Inc (BCEI): BCEI stock is up 1.8% today.
- Pdc Energy Inc (PDCE): PDCE stock is up 2.0% today.
- Cnooc Limited (CEO): CEO stock is up 1.9% today.
- Peabody Energy Corp (BTU): BTU stock is up 2.1% today.
- Anadarko Petroleum Corp (APC): APC stock is up 1.5% today.
- Qr Energy LP (QRE): QRE stock is up 1.5% today.
- Occidental Petroleum Corp (OXY): OXY stock is up 1.3% today.
- Sm Energy Company (SM): SM stock is up 1.2% today.
- Concho Resources Inc (CXO): CXO stock is up 1.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Noble Corp (NE): NE stock is down 14.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Compagnie Generale De Gephysqu (CGG): CGG stock is down 3.0% today.
- Transocean Inc (RIG): RIG stock is down 2.6% today.
- Halcon Resources (HK): HK stock is down 2.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Nustar Energy L.P. (NS): NS stock is down 2.1% today.
- Diamond Offshore Drilling (DO): DO stock is down 1.9% today.
- Ross Group Plc (RGP): RGP stock is down 1.7% today.
- Carbo Ceramics (CRR): CRR stock is down 1.6%, marking the ninth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Ensco Plc (ESV): ESV stock is down 1.5% today.
- Questar Corp (STR): STR stock is down 1.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.