Financial stocks finished down broadly on Wall Street on Friday, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.2%, the Nasdaq climbed 0.2% and the S&P 500 fell 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Grupo Financiero Galicia S.A. (GGAL): GGAL stock is up 3.4% today.
- Bbva Banco Frances S.A. (BFR): BFR stock is up 2.0% today.
- Banco Macro S.A. (BMA): BMA stock is up 1.7% today.
- Kcg Holdings Inc (KCG): KCG stock is up 1.4% today.
- MBIA Inc (MBI): MBI stock is up 1.3% today.
- E*Trade Financial Corp (ETFC): ETFC stock is up 1.1%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Fidelity National Financial (FNF): FNF stock is up 1.1% today.
- Oaktree Capital Group Llc (OAK): OAK stock is up 0.9% today.
- F.N.B. Corp (FNB): FNB stock is up 0.8% today.
- Virtus Investment Partners (VRTS): VRTS stock is up 0.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Bankrate Inc (RATE): RATE stock is down 1.8% today.
- Prudential Financial Inflation Retail (PRU): PRU stock is down 1.6% today.
- Cash America International (CSH): CSH stock is down 1.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- SLM Corp (SLM): SLM stock is down 1.5% today.
- Banco Latinoamericano De Comercio (BLX): BLX stock is down 1.5% today.
- Banco De Chile (BCH): BCH stock is down 1.3%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Hudson City Bancorp (HCBK): HCBK stock is down 1.3% today.
- Annaly Capital Management Inc (NLY): NLY stock is down 1.3% today.
- First Cash Financial Services (FCFS): FCFS stock is down 1.2%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Tortoise Energy Infrastructure Corp (TYG): TYG stock is down 1.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.