Healthcare stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street on Friday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.3%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.4% higher and the S&P 500 increased 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Avanir Pharmaceuticals Inc (AVNR): AVNR stock is up 3.5% today.
- NPS Pharmaceuticals (NPSP): NPSP stock is up 2.7% today.
- Ironwood Pharmaceuticals (IRWD): IRWD stock is up 2.3% today.
- Quest Diagnostics Inc (DGX): DGX stock is up 2.0% today.
- Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings (LH): LH stock is up 1.7% today.
- Tornier N.V. (TRNX): TRNX stock is up 1.6% today.
- Chemed Inc (CHE): CHE stock is up 1.6% today.
- Acadia Pharmaceuticals Inc (ACAD): ACAD stock is up 1.6% today.
- The Medicines Company (MDCO): MDCO stock is up 1.4% today.
- Examworks Group (EXAM): EXAM stock is up 1.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Covance Inc (CVD): CVD stock is down 0.9% today.
- Acadia Healthcare Company Inc (ACHC): ACHC stock is down 0.6% today.
- Endo Pharmaceuticals Holdings Inc (ENDP): ENDP stock is down 0.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Clovis Oncology Inc (CLVS): CLVS stock is down 0.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Nektar Therapeutics (NKTR): NKTR stock is down 0.3% today.
- Zimmer Holdings (ZMH): ZMH stock is down 0.1% today.
- Patterson Companies Inc (PDCO): PDCO stock is down 0.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.