Healthcare stocks declined broadly on Wall Street on Friday morning, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.1%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.1%, the Nasdaq was steady and the S&P 500 increased 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Tornier N.V. (TRNX): TRNX stock is up 13.3% today.
- Hms Holdings Corp (HMSY): HMSY stock is up 10.5% today.
- Biocryst Pharmaceuticals (BCRX): BCRX stock is up 8.4% today.
- Clovis Oncology Inc (CLVS): CLVS stock is up 5.8% today.
- Sirona Dental Systems (SIRO): SIRO stock is up 3.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Luxottica Group S.P.A. (LUX): LUX stock is up 1.3% today.
- Celldex Therapeutics Inc (CLDX): CLDX stock is up 1.7% today.
- Theravance (THRX): THRX stock is up 1.1% today.
- Ironwood Pharmaceuticals (IRWD): IRWD stock is up 1.0% today.
- The Spectranetics Corp (SPNC): SPNC stock is up 1.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Select Medical Holdings Corp (SEM): SEM stock is down 9.7% today.
- Masimo Corp (MASI): MASI stock is down 7.4% today.
- Insulet Corp (PODD): PODD stock is down 5.6% today.
- Salix Pharmaceuticals (SLXP): SLXP stock is down 5.0% today.
- Kindred Healthcare (KND): KND stock is down 4.2% today.
- Alnylam Pharmaceuticals (ALNY): ALNY stock is down 4.2% today.
- Taro Pharm Inds (TARO): TARO stock is down 2.5% today.
- Mylan Inc (MYL): MYL stock is down 2.2%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Hca Holdings Inc. Common Stock (HCA): HCA stock is down 1.9% today.
- NPS Pharmaceuticals (NPSP): NPSP stock is down 1.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.