Services stocks finished up 1.0% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.8%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.8% higher and the S&P 500 rose 0.8%.
Some of the biggest gainers among services stocks include:
- American Eagle Outfitters (AEO): AEO stock is up 3.9% today.
- J.C. Penney Company Inc (JCP): JCP stock is up 3.9% today.
- Hersha Hospitality Trust (HT): HT stock is up 3.4% today.
- Hertz Global Holdings Inc (HTZ): HTZ stock is up 3.4% today.
- Brown Shoe Company (BWS): BWS stock is up 3.3% today.
- Weight Watchers International Inc (WTW): WTW stock is up 3.3% today.
- Felcor Lodging Trust Inc (FCH): FCH stock is up 3.2% today.
- Aaron’s Inc (AAN): AAN stock is up 3.2% today.
- St. Joe Company (JOE): JOE stock is up 3.0% today.
- Korea Telecom Corp (KT): KT stock is up 3.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among services stocks include:
- Pennymac Mortgage Investment Trust (PMT): PMT stock is down 0.5% today.
- Gannett Co. (GCI): GCI stock is down 0.4% today.
- Colony Financial Inc (CLNY): CLNY stock is down 0.4% today.
- American Capital Agency (AGNC): AGNC stock is down 0.3% today.
- Susser Holdings Corp (SUSS): SUSS stock is down 0.3% today.
- News Corp Class A (NWSA): NWSA stock is down 0.3% today.
- AT&T Inc (T): T stock is down 0.3% today.
- Papa John’s International (PZZA): PZZA stock is down 0.2% today.
- International Game Technology (IGT): IGT stock is down 0.2% today.
- Discovery Communications Inc (DISCB): DISCB stock is down 0.2% today and down 40.2% in the last month.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.