Services stocks finished up 1.1% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.7%, the Nasdaq rose 0.7% and the S&P 500 was up 0.7%.
Some of the biggest gainers among services stocks include:
- Avis Budget Group (CAR): CAR stock is up 2.0% today.
- Cumulus Media Inc (CMLS): CMLS stock is up 4.7% today.
- Priceline.Com Inc (PCLN): PCLN stock is up 4.3% today.
- Felcor Lodging Trust Inc (FCH): FCH stock is up 3.9% today.
- Crown Media Holdings (CRWN): CRWN stock is up 3.6% today.
- Vitamin Shoppe Inc (VSI): VSI stock is up 3.5% today.
- Nortel Inversora Sa ADR (NTL): NTL stock is up 3.5% today.
- Papa John’s International (PZZA): PZZA stock is up 3.4% today.
- Charter Communications (CHTR): CHTR stock is up 3.2% today.
- DSW Inc (DSW): DSW stock is up 3.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among services stocks include:
- Level 3 Communications (LVLT): LVLT stock is down 1.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Iron Mountain Inc (IRM): IRM stock is down 1.4% today.
- Vistaprint N.V. (VPRT): VPRT stock is down 1.3% today.
- TW Telecom Inc (TWTC): TWTC stock is down 1.2%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Pennymac Mortgage Investment Trust (PMT): PMT stock is down 1.2% today.
- SBA Communications Corp (SBAC): SBAC stock is down 1.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Aruba Networks (ARUN): ARUN stock is down 1.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Heartland Payment Systems (HPY): HPY stock is down 0.9% today.
- Northstar Realty Finance (NRF): NRF stock is down 0.9% today.
- Express Inc (EXPR): EXPR stock is down 0.9% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.