Services stocks declined on Wall Street on Thursday, down 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.5%, the Nasdaq was down 0.3% and the S&P 500 declined 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among services stocks include:
- Walgreen Company (WAG): WAG stock is up 2.8% today on 5 times normal volume.
- Barnes & Noble (BKS): BKS stock is up 2.6% today.
- The Wendy’s Company (WEN): WEN stock is up 2.3% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Newcastle Investment Corp (NCT): NCT stock is up 2.2% today.
- Regency Centers Corp (REG): REG stock is up 2.2% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Geo Group Inc (GEO): GEO stock is up 2.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Portfolio Recovery Associates (PRAA): PRAA stock is up 1.9% today.
- American Tower Corp (AMT): AMT stock is up 1.7% today.
- Aruba Networks (ARUN): ARUN stock is up 1.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Avis Budget Group (CAR): CAR stock is up 1.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among services stocks include:
- Caesars Entertainment Corporati (CZR): CZR stock is down 3.8% today and down 23.5% in the last month.
- World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE): WWE stock is down 3.0% today.
- Whole Foods Market (WFM): WFM stock is down 3.0% today.
- Time Warner Inc (TWX): TWX stock is down 2.9% today on 2 times normal volume.
- New York Times Company (NYT): NYT stock is down 2.9% today.
- America Movil S.A.B. De C.V. (AMX): AMX stock is down 2.8% today.
- Ascena Retail Group (ASNA): ASNA stock is down 2.8% today.
- Wynn Resorts Limited (WYNN): WYNN stock is down 2.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- MGM Resorts International (MGM): MGM stock is down 2.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Starz Series A Liberty Capital (STRZA): STRZA stock is down 2.7%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.