Transportation stocks declined broadly on Wall Street on Wednesday morning, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.9%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed consistent, the Nasdaq fell 0.3% and the S&P 500 was unchanged.
Some of the biggest gainers among transportation stocks include:
- Dryships Inc (DRYS): DRYS stock is up 7.0% today.
- Guangshen Railway Company (GSH): GSH stock is up 4.6% today.
- China Eastern Airlines Corp Ltd (CEA): CEA stock is up 1.5% today.
- China Southern Airlines Company (ZNH): ZNH stock is up 1.4% today.
- Gaslog Ltd (GLOG): GLOG stock is up 1.2% today.
- Forward Air Corp (FWRD): FWRD stock is up 0.6% today.
- Taminco Corporation Common Stoc (TAM): TAM stock is up 0.5% today.
- Hornbeck Offshore Services (HOS): HOS stock is up 0.7% today.
- Gol Linhas Aereas Inteligentes S.A. (GOL): GOL stock is up 1.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among transportation stocks include:
- Navios Maritime Partners LP (NMM): NMM stock is down 3.2% today.
- Expeditors International of Washington (EXPD): EXPD stock is down 2.5% today.
- Ryanair Holdings Plc (RYAAY): RYAAY stock is down 2.4% today.
- United Continental Holdings (UAL): UAL stock is down 1.9% today.
- Greenbrier Companies (GBX): GBX stock is down 1.9% today.
- Southwest Airlines Company (LUV): LUV stock is down 1.6% today.
- Delta Air Lines Inc (DAL): DAL stock is down 1.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Spirit Airlines Inc (SAVE): SAVE stock is down 1.1% today.
- Copa Holdings S.A. (CPA): CPA stock is down 1.5% today.
- Express-1 Expedited Solutions (XPO): XPO stock is down 0.9% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.