Transportation stocks rose broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.7% higher, the Nasdaq was up 0.7% and the S&P 500 increased 0.7%.
Some of the biggest gainers among transportation stocks include:
- Ryanair Holdings Plc (RYAAY): RYAAY stock is up 2.1% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Alexander and Baldwin Inc (ALEX): ALEX stock is up 1.8% today.
- Heartland Express (HTLD): HTLD stock is up 1.6% today.
- Forward Air Corp (FWRD): FWRD stock is up 1.5% today.
- Golar Lng Partners LP (GMLP): GMLP stock is up 1.5% today.
- American Railcar Industries (ARII): ARII stock is up 1.4% today.
- Canadian National Railway Company (CNI): CNI stock is up 1.4% today.
- Teekay Shipping Corp (TK): TK stock is up 1.1% today.
- Kansas City Southern (KSU): KSU stock is up 1.0% today.
- Wabtec Corp (WAB): WAB stock is up 1.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among transportation stocks include:
- Seaspan Corp (SSW): SSW stock is down 0.8% today.
- Navios Maritime Partners LP (NMM): NMM stock is down 0.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.