Transportation stocks finished down broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 1.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 1.0%, the Nasdaq declined 0.8% and the S&P 500 was down 1.0%.
Some of the biggest losers among transportation stocks include:
- United Continental Holdings (UAL): UAL stock is down 3.4% today.
- Teekay Shipping Corp (TK): TK stock is down 2.4% today.
- Alaska Air Group (ALK): ALK stock is down 1.8% today and down 54.9% in the last month.
- Spirit Airlines Inc (SAVE): SAVE stock is down 1.6% today.
- Hub Group (HUBG): HUBG stock is down 1.4% today.
- Heartland Express (HTLD): HTLD stock is down 1.4% today.
- Ship Finance International (SFL): SFL stock is down 1.1% today.
- Southwest Airlines Company (LUV): LUV stock is down 1.1% today.
- CSX Corp (CSX): CSX stock is down 1.0% today.
- Wabtec Corp (WAB): WAB stock is down 0.9% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.