Utilities stocks finished up 0.4% on Wall Street on Thursday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed the same, the Nasdaq fell 0.1% and the S&P 500 stayed consistent.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Cms Energy Corp (CMS): CMS stock is up 1.3% today.
- Dte Energy Company (DTE): DTE stock is up 1.3% today.
- Great Plains Energy Inc (GXP): GXP stock is up 1.2% today.
- Transalta Corp (TAC): TAC stock is up 1.0% today.
- Consolidated Edison Company of New York (ED): ED stock is up 1.0% today.
- Southern Company (SO): SO stock is up 0.9% today.
- Centerpoint Energy Inc (CNP): CNP stock is up 0.9% today.
- Exterran Partners L.P. (EXLP): EXLP stock is up 0.8% today.
- Hawaiian Electric Industries (HE): HE stock is up 0.8% today.
- Pacific Gas & Electric Co. (PCG): PCG stock is up 0.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Energy Transfer Partners (ETP): ETP stock is down 1.0% today.
- California Water Service Group Holding (CWT): CWT stock is down 0.7% today.
- Targa Resources (TRGP): TRGP stock is down 0.5% today.
- American States Water Company (AWR): AWR stock is down 0.4% today.
- Companhia Paranaense De Energia (ELP): ELP stock is down 0.4% today.
- Otter Tail Corp (OTTR): OTTR stock is down 0.3% today.
- Western Gas Partners LP (WES): WES stock is down 0.2% today.
- El Paso Pipeline Partners LP (EPB): EPB stock is down 0.2%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Uil Holdings Corp (UIL): UIL stock is down 0.2% today.
- South Jersey Industries (SJI): SJI stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.