Utilities stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street on Thursday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.3%, the Nasdaq declined 0.3% and the S&P 500 fell 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Companhia Paranaense De Energia (ELP): ELP stock is up 1.5% today.
- Markwest Energy Partners LP (MWE): MWE stock is up 1.3% today.
- Cia De Saneamento Basico Do Estado (SBS): SBS stock is up 1.3% today.
- Comp En De Mn Cemig Ads (CIG): CIG stock is up 0.9% today.
- National Grid Transco Plc (NGG): NGG stock is up 0.7% today.
- Sempra Energy (SRE): SRE stock is up 0.7% today.
- NiSource Inc (NI): NI stock is up 0.7% today.
- Entergy Corp (ETR): ETR stock is up 0.6% today.
- Ameren Corp (AEE): AEE stock is up 0.7% today.
- Cpfl Energia S.A. (CPL): CPL stock is up 0.5%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Huaneng Power Intl (HNP): HNP stock is down 0.9% today.
- Crestwood Midstream Partners LP (CMLP): CMLP stock is down 1.2% today.
- Atlas Energy Llc (ATLS): ATLS stock is down 0.6%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Empire District Electric Company (EDE): EDE stock is down 0.7% today.
- Empresa Nacional De Electricidad S.A. (EOC): EOC stock is down 0.9% today.
- Enlink Midstream Partners LP (ENLK): ENLK stock is down 0.7% today.
- Boardwalk Pipeline Partners L.P. (BWP): BWP stock is down 0.7% today.
- Itc Holdings (ITC): ITC stock is down 0.2% today.
- Enbridge Inc (ENB): ENB stock is down 0.6% today.
- Trident Performance Group (TCP): TCP stock is down 0.8% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.