Utilities stocks rose 0.9% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.5%, the Nasdaq climbed 0.5% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.5% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- One Gas Inc. (OGS): OGS stock is up 2.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Energy Transfer Equity LP (ETE): ETE stock is up 1.6% today.
- Duke Energy Corp (DUK): DUK stock is up 1.6% today.
- Dynegy Inc (DYN): DYN stock is up 1.6% today.
- Aqua America (WTR): WTR stock is up 1.4% today.
- Ormat Technologies (ORA): ORA stock is up 1.3% today.
- Northeast Utilities (NU): NU stock is up 1.3% today.
- South Jersey Industries (SJI): SJI stock is up 1.3% today.
- Newjersey Resources Corp (NJR): NJR stock is up 1.3% today.
- NiSource Inc (NI): NI stock is up 1.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Cheniere Energy Partners LP (CQP): CQP stock is down 1.1% today.
- Exterran Partners L.P. (EXLP): EXLP stock is down 0.7% today.
- Oneok Partners L.P. (OKS): OKS stock is down 0.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.