Utilities stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street on Friday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.8%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed level, the Nasdaq was steady and the S&P 500 stayed consistent.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- WGL Holdings Inc (WGL): WGL stock is up 4.0% today.
- Consolidated Edison Company of New York (ED): ED stock is up 1.2% today.
- American Water Works (AWK): AWK stock is up 1.6% today.
- Uil Holdings Corp (UIL): UIL stock is up 1.0% today.
- Dominion Resources (D): D stock is up 1.1% today.
- Avista Corp (AVA): AVA stock is up 1.1% today.
- Pinnacle West Capital Corp (PNW): PNW stock is up 1.0% today.
- Nextera Energy (NEE): NEE stock is up 0.9% today.
- Huaneng Power Intl (HNP): HNP stock is up 1.1% today.
- Southern Company (SO): SO stock is up 1.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- National Fuel Gas Company (NFG): NFG stock is down 2.2% today.
- Comp En De Mn Cemig Ads (CIG): CIG stock is down 1.4% today.
- Spectra Energy Corp (SE): SE stock is down 1.1% today.
- Cia De Saneamento Basico Do Estado (SBS): SBS stock is down 1.0% today.
- Atlas Energy Llc (ATLS): ATLS stock is down 0.9%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- NRG Energy (NRG): NRG stock is down 0.8% today.
- Abengoa Yield Plc (ABY): ABY stock is down 0.8%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Companhia Paranaense De Energia (ELP): ELP stock is down 0.9% today.
- Centrais Elc Braz Pfb B Elbras (EBR): EBR stock is down 0.7% today.
- Cpfl Energia S.A. (CPL): CPL stock is down 0.7%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.