Man Dies in E-Cigarette Explosion

The E-cigarette caused a fire in the man's house

   

Man Dies in E-Cigarette Explosion

A man in the UK died after an E-cigarette explosion lit his house on fire.

E Cigarette 300x195 Man Dies in E Cigarette Explosion
Source: Wikipedia

The 62-year-old man was found dead in his Wallasley home, according to Merseyside Police. The man’s death has been linked with an E-cigarette explosion.

Fire investigators believe the E-cigarette ignited the oxygen in a medical device in the man’s bedroom. The house caught on fire and the man passed away — his cause of death has yet to be determined.

The area manager said that the E-cigarette may have been charging on a device that is not meant for the smoking mechanism. “We urge people to always use electrical equipment in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions and guidance,” he said.

“Always ensure that no electrical items are left charging overnight or left unattended for a long period when being charged and do not mix parts from different E-Cigarettes.”

More E-Cigarette News:


Article printed from InvestorPlace Media, http://investorplace.com/2014/08/e-cigarette-explosion/.

©2014 InvestorPlace Media, LLC

Comments are currently unavailable. Please check back soon.