Basic materials stocks finished flat on Wednesday on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was steady, the Nasdaq stayed level and the S&P 500 stayed consistent.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Century Aluminum Company (CENX): CENX stock is up 2.8%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Cvr Partners LP Common Units R (UAN): UAN stock is up 1.5% today.
- Gerdau S.A. (GGB): GGB stock is up 1.5% today.
- Copene-Petroquimica Do Nordeste (BAK): BAK stock is up 1.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Compania Mina Buenaventura S.A. (BVN): BVN stock is up 1.2% today.
- DOW Chemical Company (DOW): DOW stock is up 1.0% today.
- Georgia Gulf Corp (AXLL): AXLL stock is up 0.9% today.
- Lyondellbasell Industries Nv (LYB): LYB stock is up 0.9% today.
- Mosaic Company (MOS): MOS stock is up 0.9% today.
- Polypore International Inc (PPO): PPO stock is up 0.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Horsehead Holding (ZINC): ZINC stock is down 1.9% today.
- Sun Hydraulics Corp (SNHY): SNHY stock is down 1.2% today.
- Actuant Corp (ATU): ATU stock is down 1.1% today.
- Monsanto Company (MON): MON stock is down 1.0% today.
- Scotts Miracle-Gro Company (SMG): SMG stock is down 0.9% today.
- Grupo Simec S.A. De C.V. (SIM): SIM stock is down 0.8% today.
- Cytec Industries Inc (CYT): CYT stock is down 0.8% today.
- Silver Wheaton Corp (SLW): SLW stock is down 0.7% today.
- Mrc Global Inc (MRC): MRC stock is down 0.7% today.
- Barrick Gold Corp (ABX): ABX stock is down 0.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.