Basic materials stocks finished flat on Tuesday on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed the same, the Nasdaq climbed 0.1% and the S&P 500 was unchanged.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Greif Bros. Corp (GEF): GEF stock is up 2.9% today.
- Hecla Mining Company (HL): HL stock is up 2.5% today.
- Pan American Silver (PAAS): PAAS stock is up 2.4% today.
- Kinross Gold Corp (KGC): KGC stock is up 2.3% today.
- Southern Peru Copper Corp (SCCO): SCCO stock is up 2.3% today.
- Goldcorp Inc (GG): GG stock is up 2.3% today.
- Quaker Chemical Corp (KWR): KWR stock is up 2.1% today.
- Yamana Gold (AUY): AUY stock is up 2.1% today.
- Polypore International Inc (PPO): PPO stock is up 2.1% today.
- Stillwater Mining Company (SWC): SWC stock is up 2.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Cvr Partners LP Common Units R (UAN): UAN stock is down 1.5% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Parker-Hannifin Corp (PH): PH stock is down 0.8% today.
- Georgia Gulf Corp (AXLL): AXLL stock is down 0.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Dover Corp (DOV): DOV stock is down 0.7% today.
- Carlisle Companies Inc (CSL): CSL stock is down 0.7% today.
- Weyerhaeuser Company (WY): WY stock is down 0.5% today.
- Eastman Chemical Company (EMN): EMN stock is down 0.5% today.
- Crane Company (CR): CR stock is down 0.5% today.
- Bhp Billiton Limited (BHP): BHP stock is down 0.5%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Plum Creek Timber Company (PCL): PCL stock is down 0.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.