Basic materials stocks rose 0.2% on Wall Street on Friday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.3%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.4% higher and the S&P 500 rose 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Watts Water Technologies (WTS): WTS stock is up 3.6% today.
- Agnico-Eagle Mines Limited (AEM): AEM stock is up 1.5% today.
- Randgold Resources Limited (GOLD): GOLD stock is up 1.4%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Aurico Gold Inc (AUQ): AUQ stock is up 1.3% today.
- Eldorado Gold Corp (EGO): EGO stock is up 1.2% today.
- Packaging Corporation of America (PKG): PKG stock is up 1.2% today.
- Anglogold Ashanti Ltd (AU): AU stock is up 1.1% today.
- Westlake Chemical Corp (WLK): WLK stock is up 1.1% today.
- Compass Minerals Intl Inc (CMP): CMP stock is up 1.1% today.
- Kapstone Paper and Packaging Corp (KS): KS stock is up 1.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Grupo Simec S.A. De C.V. (SIM): SIM stock is down 2.6% today.
- Owens-Illinois (OI): OI stock is down 0.8% today.
- A. Schulman (SHLM): SHLM stock is down 0.7% today.
- Fibria Celulose S.A. (FBR): FBR stock is down 0.6% today.
- Murphy USA Inc. Common Stock Wh (MUSA): MUSA stock is down 0.4% today.
- Mosaic Company (MOS): MOS stock is down 0.4% today.
- Potash Corp. of Saskatchewan Inc (POT): POT stock is down 0.4% today.
- Mueller Industries (MLI): MLI stock is down 0.3% today.
- Crane Company (CR): CR stock is down 0.3%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Innophos Holdings (IPHS): IPHS stock is down 0.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.