Consumer noncyclical stocks rose 0.4% on Wall Street on Thursday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.5% higher, the Nasdaq rose 0.5% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.5% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Flowers Foods (FLO): FLO stock is up 1.9% today.
- Hershey Foods Corp (HSY): HSY stock is up 1.5% today.
- Newell Rubbermaid Inc (NWL): NWL stock is up 1.4% today.
- Conagra Foods (CAG): CAG stock is up 1.3% today.
- Hain Celestial Group (HAIN): HAIN stock is up 1.2% today.
- Diageo Plc (DEO): DEO stock is up 1.0% today.
- Estee Lauder Companies (EL): EL stock is up 1.0% today.
- British American Tobacco Industries (BTI): BTI stock is up 1.0% today.
- Gruma S.A. De C.V. (GMK): GMK stock is up 0.9% today.
- United Natural Foods (UNFI): UNFI stock is up 0.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Vina Concha Y Toro (VCO): VCO stock is down 1.0% today.
- J & J Snack Foods (JJSF): JJSF stock is down 0.2% today.
- Ingredion Inc (INGR): INGR stock is down 0.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.