Consumer noncyclical stocks rose broadly on Wall Street so far on Friday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.1%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was unchanged, the Nasdaq remained flat and the S&P 500 stayed the same.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Monster Beverage Corp (MNST): MNST stock is up 6.7% today.
- Darling International Inc (DAR): DAR stock is up 1.8% today.
- Owens Corning Inc (OC): OC stock is up 0.7% today.
- Mondelez International Inc. Cl A (MDLZ): MDLZ stock is up 0.6% today.
- Deluxe Corp (DLX): DLX stock is up 0.5% today.
- Lancaster Colony Corp (LANC): LANC stock is up 0.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Industrias Bachoco S.A. De C.V. (IBA): IBA stock is up 0.3% today.
- Philip Morris International Inc (PM): PM stock is up 0.4% today.
- Mccormick & Company Inc (MKC): MKC stock is up 0.2% today.
- Adecoagro S.A. (AGRO): AGRO stock is up 0.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Post Holdings Inc. (POST): POST stock is down 23.4% today and down 28.1% in the last month.
- Universal Corp (UVV): UVV stock is down 2.8% today.
- Diageo Plc (DEO): DEO stock is down 2.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- The Whitewave Foods Company (WWAV): WWAV stock is down 2.1% today.
- Sanderson Farms (SAFM): SAFM stock is down 1.5% today.
- Pilgrim’s Pride Corp (PPC): PPC stock is down 1.4% today.
- Keurig Green Mountain Inc. (GMCR): GMCR stock is down 1.1% today.
- Unilever Plc (UL): UL stock is down 1.1% today.
- Unilever Nv (UN): UN stock is down 1.1% today.
- Brf-Brasil Foods S.A. (BRFS): BRFS stock is down 1.0%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.