Consumer noncyclical stocks rose broadly on Wall Street on Friday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 1.0%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 1.2% higher, the Nasdaq increased 0.7% and the S&P 500 climbed 1.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Seaboard Corp (SEB): SEB stock is up 2.4% today.
- Ingredion Inc (INGR): INGR stock is up 1.9% today.
- Newell Rubbermaid Inc (NWL): NWL stock is up 1.8% today.
- Coca-Cola Enterprises (CCE): CCE stock is up 1.7% today.
- Sanderson Farms (SAFM): SAFM stock is up 1.7% today.
- Brown Forman Inc B (BF.B): BF.B stock is up 1.5% today.
- Reynolds American Inc (RAI): RAI stock is up 1.4% today.
- Hormel Foods Corp (HRL): HRL stock is up 1.4% today.
- Kellogg Company (K): K stock is up 1.4% today.
- Estee Lauder Companies (EL): EL stock is up 1.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Gruma S.A. De C.V. (GMK): GMK stock is down 0.6% today.
- Fomento Economico Mexicano S.A.B. De C.V. (FMX): FMX stock is down 0.2%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.