Energy stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 1.7%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 1.2% higher, the Nasdaq climbed 0.7% and the S&P 500 increased 1.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Halcon Resources (HK): HK stock is up 4.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Stone Energy Corp (SGY): SGY stock is up 4.1% today.
- Cobalt International Energy (CIE): CIE stock is up 4.0% today.
- Continental Resources (CLR): CLR stock is up 3.8% today.
- Energy Xxi [Bermuda] Limited (EXXI): EXXI stock is up 3.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Cimarex Energy Co (XEC): XEC stock is up 3.5% today.
- Legacy Reserves LP (LGCY): LGCY stock is up 3.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Ev Energy Partners L.P. (EVEP): EVEP stock is up 3.1% today.
- Rosetta Resources Inc (ROSE): ROSE stock is up 2.9% today.
- Kodiak Oil (KOG): KOG stock is up 2.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Natural Resource Partners LP (NRP): NRP stock is down 1.7% today.
- Alliance Resource Partners L.P. (ARLP): ARLP stock is down 1.0% today.
- Atlas Pipeline Partners L.P. (APL): APL stock is down 0.9%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Crestwood Equity Partners LP (CEQP): CEQP stock is down 0.5% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Enbridge Energy L.P. (EEP): EEP stock is down 0.5% today.
- Rose Rock Midstream L.P. (RRMS): RRMS stock is down 0.3% today.
- Royal Dutch Shell (RDS.B): RDS.B stock is down 0.3% today.
- Diamond Offshore Drilling (DO): DO stock is down 0.2%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Tesoro Logistics LP Common Unit (TLLP): TLLP stock is down 0.2% today.
- IHS Inc (IHS): IHS stock is down 0.1% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.