Financial stocks finished up 0.5% on Wall Street on Friday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.3% higher, the Nasdaq was up 0.4% and the S&P 500 increased 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Banco Santander-Chile Ads (BSAC): BSAC stock is up 1.8% today.
- Glacier Bancorp (GBCI): GBCI stock is up 1.8% today.
- Alliance Capital Management L.P. (AB): AB stock is up 1.6% today.
- Bancolombia S.A. (CIB): CIB stock is up 1.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Hdfc Bank Limited (HDB): HDB stock is up 1.5% today.
- Cohn & Steers Inc (CNS): CNS stock is up 1.4% today.
- Markel Corp (MKL): MKL stock is up 1.4% today.
- Symetra Financial Corp (SYA): SYA stock is up 1.3% today.
- Mgic Investment Corp (MTG): MTG stock is up 1.3% today.
- Evercore Partners Inc (EVR): EVR stock is up 1.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Bofi Holding (BOFI): BOFI stock is down 1.1% today.
- The Nasdaq Omx Group (NDAQ): NDAQ stock is down 0.8% today.
- Torchmark Corp (TMK): TMK stock is down 0.7% today.
- Mastercard Inc (MA): MA stock is down 0.5% today.
- Banco Santander Brasil Sa (BSBR): BSBR stock is down 0.4% today.
- Interactive Brokers Group (IBKR): IBKR stock is down 0.4% today.
- Fortress Investment Group (FIG): FIG stock is down 0.4% today.
- Erie Indemnity Company (ERIE): ERIE stock is down 0.4% today.
- Waddell & Reed Financial (WDR): WDR stock is down 0.3% today.
- Liberty All-Star Equity Fund (USA): USA stock is down 0.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.