Financial stocks finished up 1.2% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.3% higher, the Nasdaq increased 0.2% and the S&P 500 rose 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- First Citizens Bancshares (FCNCA): FCNCA stock is up 2.7% today.
- Citigroup Inc (C): C stock is up 2.6%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Argo Group International Holdings Ltd (AGII): AGII stock is up 2.4% today.
- First Tennessee National Corp (FHN): FHN stock is up 2.4%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Wisdomtree Invstmnts (WETF): WETF stock is up 2.3% today.
- Primerica Inc (PRI): PRI stock is up 2.1% today.
- Altisource Portfolio Solutions S.A. (ASPS): ASPS stock is up 2.1% today.
- Umpqua Holdings Corp (UMPQ): UMPQ stock is up 2.0% today.
- First Bancorp (FBP): FBP stock is up 2.0% today.
- Hudson City Bancorp (HCBK): HCBK stock is up 2.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Administradora De Fondos De Pensiones (PVD): PVD stock is down 2.1% today.
- Och-Ziff Capital Management (OZM): OZM stock is down 1.5% today.
- Banco Macro S.A. (BMA): BMA stock is down 1.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Bbva Banco Frances S.A. (BFR): BFR stock is down 1.1% today and down 21.3% in the last month.
- Texas Pacific Land Trust (TPL): TPL stock is down 1.1% today.
- The Carlyle Group L.P. (CG): CG stock is down 1.0% today.
- Euronet Worldwide (EEFT): EEFT stock is down 1.0% today.
- Grupo Financiero Galicia S.A. (GGAL): GGAL stock is down 0.7% today and down 20.1% in the last month.
- Onebeacon Insurance Group (OB): OB stock is down 0.7% today.
- Marketaxess Holdings (MKTX): MKTX stock is down 0.6% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.