Financial stocks finished down broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average remained flat, the Nasdaq fell 0.1% and the S&P 500 stayed level.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Lazard Ltd (LAZ): LAZ stock is up 0.8% today.
- Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group Inc (SMFG): SMFG stock is up 0.8% today on 5 times normal volume.
- Balckrock Build America Trust (BBN): BBN stock is up 0.7% today.
- Apollo Investment Corp (AINV): AINV stock is up 0.7% today.
- Marsh & Mclennan Companies (MMC): MMC stock is up 0.6% today.
- Fortress Investment Group (FIG): FIG stock is up 0.5% today.
- Administradora De Fondos De Pensiones (PVD): PVD stock is up 0.5% today.
- Virtus Investment Partners (VRTS): VRTS stock is up 0.5% today.
- Tortoise Energy Infrastructure Corp (TYG): TYG stock is up 0.5% today.
- Eaton Vance Tax-Managed Global Diversified Equit (EXG): EXG stock is up 0.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Enstar Group Limited (ESGR): ESGR stock is down 2.1% today.
- F.N.B. Corp (FNB): FNB stock is down 1.9% today.
- International Bancshares Corp (IBOC): IBOC stock is down 1.9% today.
- Glacier Bancorp (GBCI): GBCI stock is down 1.7% today.
- Brookfield Asset Management Inc (BAM): BAM stock is down 1.7% today.
- First Financial Bankshares (FFIN): FFIN stock is down 1.6% today.
- Banco Bilbao Viscaya Argentaria S.A. (BBVA): BBVA stock is down 1.6% today.
- Prudential Financial Inflation Retail (PRU): PRU stock is down 1.6% today.
- First Bancorp (FBP): FBP stock is down 1.5% today.
- Columbia Banking System (COLB): COLB stock is down 1.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.