Financial stocks rose 0.2% on Wall Street so far on Thursday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.2%, the Nasdaq was up 0.3% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- MBIA Inc (MBI): MBI stock is up 5.9% today.
- Radian Group Inc (RDN): RDN stock is up 3.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Aviva Plc (AV): AV stock is up 3.3% today.
- Amtrust Financial Services (AFSI): AFSI stock is up 2.5% today.
- Texas Pacific Land Trust (TPL): TPL stock is up 2.6% today.
- Primerica Inc (PRI): PRI stock is up 1.9% today.
- Mgic Investment Corp (MTG): MTG stock is up 1.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Apollo Investment Corp (AINV): AINV stock is up 1.8% today.
- Annaly Capital Management Inc (NLY): NLY stock is up 1.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Credit Acceptance Corp (CACC): CACC stock is up 0.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Bbva Banco Frances S.A. (BFR): BFR stock is down 2.0% today.
- Administradora De Fondos De Pensiones (PVD): PVD stock is down 2.0% today.
- Enstar Group Limited (ESGR): ESGR stock is down 1.9% today.
- Aetna Inc (AET): AET stock is down 1.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Intercontinentalexchange (ICE): ICE stock is down 1.6% today.
- Wellpoint Health Networks Inc (WLP): WLP stock is down 1.1% today.
- Alliance Capital Management L.P. (AB): AB stock is down 1.5% today.
- Evercore Partners Inc (EVR): EVR stock is down 0.6% today.
- Westpac Banking Corp (WBK): WBK stock is down 1.0% today.
- Unitedhealth Group Inc (UNH): UNH stock is down 0.9% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.