Financial stocks rose 0.5% on Wall Street on Wednesday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed level, the Nasdaq was down 0.1% and the S&P 500 was unchanged.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Nationstar Mortgage Holdngs I (NSM): NSM stock is up 8.5% today.
- Health Net Inc (HNT): HNT stock is up 4.6% today.
- First Bancorp (FBP): FBP stock is up 3.1% today.
- Altisource Portfolio Solutions S.A. (ASPS): ASPS stock is up 2.2% today.
- KB Financial Group Inc (KB): KB stock is up 2.0% today.
- ING Group N.V. (ING): ING stock is up 2.0% today.
- Bank of America Corp (BAC): BAC stock is up 1.9% today.
- Union First Market Bankshares Corp (UBSH): UBSH stock is up 1.7% today.
- Central Fund of Canada (CEF): CEF stock is up 1.4% today.
- Phh Corp (PHH): PHH stock is up 1.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Apollo Global Management Llc C (APO): APO stock is down 3.5%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Bbva Banco Frances S.A. (BFR): BFR stock is down 3.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Banco Macro S.A. (BMA): BMA stock is down 2.3%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- National Bank of Greece Sa (NBG): NBG stock is down 2.0% today.
- Gamco Investors (GBL): GBL stock is down 2.2% today.
- Icici Bank Limited (IBN): IBN stock is down 2.2% today.
- New York Community Bancorp (NYCB): NYCB stock is down 1.8% today.
- Mitsubishi Ufj Financial Group Inc (MTU): MTU stock is down 1.6% today.
- Lazard Ltd (LAZ): LAZ stock is down 1.5% today.
- Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group Inc (SMFG): SMFG stock is down 1.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.