Healthcare stocks finished flat today on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.3%, the Nasdaq fell 0.4% and the S&P 500 was down 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Taro Pharm Inds (TARO): TARO stock is up 2.5% today.
- Theravance (THRX): THRX stock is up 2.0% today.
- Edwards Lifesciences Corp (EW): EW stock is up 1.9% today.
- Acadia Pharmaceuticals Inc (ACAD): ACAD stock is up 1.7% today.
- Davita Healthcare Partners Inc (DVA): DVA stock is up 1.4% today.
- Actavis Inc (ACT): ACT stock is up 1.3% today on 4 times normal volume.
- Impax Laboratories (IPXL): IPXL stock is up 1.0% today.
- Henry Schein (HSIC): HSIC stock is up 1.0% today.
- Kindred Healthcare (KND): KND stock is up 0.8% today.
- Clovis Oncology Inc (CLVS): CLVS stock is up 1.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Pdl Biopharma (PDLI): PDLI stock is down 2.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Heartware International (HTWR): HTWR stock is down 2.2% today.
- Owens & Minor (OMI): OMI stock is down 1.6% today.
- Neogen Corp (NEOG): NEOG stock is down 1.6% today.
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Company (BMY): BMY stock is down 1.6% today.
- Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc (VRTX): VRTX stock is down 1.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Ironwood Pharmaceuticals (IRWD): IRWD stock is down 1.5% today.
- Amgen Inc (AMGN): AMGN stock is down 1.5% today.
- Hospira Inc (HSP): HSP stock is down 1.5% today.
- Align Technology (ALGN): ALGN stock is down 1.5% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.