Utilities stocks finished up 1.3% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.5%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.5% higher and the S&P 500 was up 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Boardwalk Pipeline Partners L.P. (BWP): BWP stock is up 2.2%, marking the eighth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Wisconsin Energy Corp (WEC): WEC stock is up 2.1% today.
- Ormat Technologies (ORA): ORA stock is up 2.0% today.
- Dcp Midstream Partners LP (DPM): DPM stock is up 1.7%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Pacific Gas & Electric Co. (PCG): PCG stock is up 1.7% today.
- Integrys Energy Group (TEG): TEG stock is up 1.6% today.
- Public Service Enterprise Group Inc (PEG): PEG stock is up 1.6% today.
- Calpine Corp (CPN): CPN stock is up 1.5%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- PNM Resources Inc (PNM): PNM stock is up 1.5% today.
- Scana Corp (SCG): SCG stock is up 1.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Abengoa Yield Plc (ABY): ABY stock is down 1.4% today.
- American States Water Company (AWR): AWR stock is down 0.3% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.