Utilities stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street on Friday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.6%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.3%, the Nasdaq increased 0.5% and the S&P 500 rose 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Centrais Elc Braz Pfb B Elbras (EBR): EBR stock is up 3.8% today.
- Cpfl Energia S.A. (CPL): CPL stock is up 3.5% today.
- Kinder Morgan (KMI): KMI stock is up 2.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- El Paso Pipeline Partners LP (EPB): EPB stock is up 2.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Kinder Morgan Energy Partners L.P. (KMP): KMP stock is up 2.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Exterran Partners L.P. (EXLP): EXLP stock is up 1.9% today.
- Atlas Energy Llc (ATLS): ATLS stock is up 1.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Abengoa Yield Plc (ABY): ABY stock is up 1.7% today.
- Cia De Saneamento Basico Do Estado (SBS): SBS stock is up 2.1% today.
- One Gas Inc. (OGS): OGS stock is up 1.7%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
Only one stock in the utilities sectors showed losses:
- Korea Electric Power Corp (KEP): KEP stock is down 0.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.