Utilities stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street on Wednesday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 1.1%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed the same, the Nasdaq remained flat and the S&P 500 stayed consistent.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- NRG Energy (NRG): NRG stock is up 2.2% today.
- American Electric Power Company (AEP): AEP stock is up 1.7% today.
- Energy Transfer Partners (ETP): ETP stock is up 1.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Newjersey Resources Corp (NJR): NJR stock is up 1.4% today.
- Cleco Power Llc (CNL): CNL stock is up 1.4% today.
- Exelon Corp (EXC): EXC stock is up 1.4% today.
- Public Service Enterprise Group Inc (PEG): PEG stock is up 1.4% today.
- Enbridge Inc (ENB): ENB stock is up 1.4% today.
- Entergy Corp (ETR): ETR stock is up 1.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.