Utilities stocks rose broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.5%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.7%, the Nasdaq was up 1.1% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.7% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Transcananda Pipelines (TRP): TRP stock is up 1.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Piedmont Natural Gas Company (PNY): PNY stock is up 1.3%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Atmos Energy Corp (ATO): ATO stock is up 1.2% today.
- Cheniere Energy Partners LP (CQP): CQP stock is up 1.2% today.
- El Paso Pipeline Partners LP (EPB): EPB stock is up 1.2% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Kinder Morgan Energy Partners L.P. (KMP): KMP stock is up 1.2% today on 4 times normal volume.
- Integrys Energy Group (TEG): TEG stock is up 1.2% today.
- Laclede Group (LG): LG stock is up 1.1% today.
- Oneok Partners L.P. (OKS): OKS stock is up 1.0% today.
- Idacorp Inc (IDA): IDA stock is up 1.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Crestwood Midstream Partners LP (CMLP): CMLP stock is down 0.9% today.
- Public Service Enterprise Group Inc (PEG): PEG stock is down 0.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Hawaiian Electric Industries (HE): HE stock is down 0.6% today.
- Targa Resources (TRGP): TRGP stock is down 0.3% today.
- Brookfield Infrastructure Partners LP (BIP): BIP stock is down 0.3% today.
- Itc Holdings (ITC): ITC stock is down 0.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.