Jackie Evancho will be one of the inauguration singers for President-elect Donald Trump.
Here are a few things to know about Jackie Evancho.
- She was a runner up during the 2010 season of America’s Got Talent.
- The singer has performed in Washington before for the Independence Day concert A Capitol Fourth.
- She also performed during the lighting of the national Christmas tree and for the National Prayer Breakfast.
- Evancho went on to have a professional singing career after coming in second place on America’s Got Talent.
- The singer is the youngest solo act to have a platinum-selling album in the United States.
- She has met the President-elect before and has a picture of her standing with him on her Facebook Inc (NASDAQ:FB) profile.
- Evancho got her start from viral YouTube videos of her singing before appearing on America’s Got Talent.
- She also met President Barack Obama during 2010 when she performed for the lighting of the national Christmas tree that year.
“I am so excited. It’s going to be awesome,” Jackie Evancho said about singing for President-Elect Donald Trump during a Today show appearance on Wednesday. “I felt really honored to be able to sing for the office. It’s a great honor for me.”
Several other celebrities have also been rumored as performers for the inauguration ceremony on Jan. 20, 2017. They include Garth Brooks, Kid Rock, Ted Nugent and Lee Greenwood. There was talk that Kanye West might perform after meeting with Trump recently, but that rumor has been shot down.