Markets stall under threat of government shutdown >>> READ MORE

The 10 Best Stocks to Buy for the Next Decade

You can put these stocks in a drawer and not look at them again for the next 10 years

      View All  

Stocks to Buy for the Next Decade: Cracker Barrel (CBRL)

Stocks to Buy for the Next Decade: Cracker Barrel (CBRL)
Source: Shutterstock

Over the past decade, Cracker Barrel Old Country Store, Inc. (NASDAQ:CBRL) has doubled the performance of the S&P 500 by delivering consistent results. Its return on invested capital in 2006 was 8%; today, it’s 14%, well above the restaurant industry average of 9%.

CBRL’s unique restaurant/retail concept generates approximately 80% of its revenue from its restaurants, with its retail shop the remaining 20%. The average store throws off revenue of $4.6 million. The retail business generates sales per square foot of $440 and 50% gross margins.

On April 17, Cracker Barrel opened its first store on the West Coast in Tualatin, Oregon, a suburb of Portland. It plans to open three more locations in the Portland area. Expect continued growth out west in coming years.

Cracker Barrel features a strong female presence in upper management, representing what a modern progressive American company is supposed to look like at the top. Good on them … and good for you, because that kind of diversity will pay off in spades.

Next Page


Article printed from InvestorPlace Media, http://investorplace.com/2017/04/the-10-best-stocks-to-buy-for-the-next-decade/.

©2017 InvestorPlace Media, LLC