According to the Options Clearing Commission, the stocks below were the top equity options traded (by volume) Friday on the Chicago Board Options Exchange (excluding index ETFs and other derivatives like SPY and VIX trades):
- 66,227 Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL) call cotnracts
- 27,869 Facebook (NASDAQ:FB) call cotnracts
- 15,894 Microsoft (NASDAQ:MSFT) call cotnracts
- 14,961 Bank of America (NYSE:BAC) call cotnracts
- 14,378 Netflix (NASDAQ:NFLX) call contracts
- 68,080 Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL) call contracts
- 31,699 Facebook (NASDAQ:FB) call cotnracts
- 20,010 Microsoft (NASDAQ:MSFT) call cotnracts
- 13,299 Georgia Gulf Corporation (NYSE:GGC) call cotnracts
- 13,214 Netflix (NASDAQ:NFLX) put contracts
The unusual volume in Georgia Gulf Corporation call options could signal a sudden move up in the stock, which is already trading above its 50- and 200-day moving averages. PPG Industries (NYSE:PPG) set a final exchange ratio for their merger with GGC, planned last July.
Did you trade any of these names on Friday? Give us your take in the comments.