The following are some of today’s most notable movers of interest, ranked by percent change since yesterday’s close (all stocks over 100,000 average daily volume). Small-cap stocks have been excluded.
Biggest Intraday Gains
- Abaxis (NASDAQ:ABAX) 41.35-44.98, +15.06%: Analysts at Feltl & Co. upgraded the stock from buy to a strong-buy rating after ABAX reported record revenues yesterday.
- CARBO Ceramics (NYSE:CRR) 81.06-90.77, +12.23%: This ceramic propant company reported revenues above expectations and in-line EPS in yesterday’s earnings release. Analysts at Global Hunter Securities upgraded the stock to buy from neutral.
- Omnicell (NASDAQ:OMCL) 16.43-17.44, +9.11%: Omnicell reported revenues above expectations and a 43% gain in total sales 43% year over year in their earnings release yesterday.
- Cavium (NASDAQ:CAVM) 34.20-36.27, +7.06%: After a positive earnings release yesterday, analysts at Needham & Company increased their target from $34 to $38 and reiterated their buy rating.
- Buffalo Wild Wings (NASDAQ:BWLD) 75.35 – 76.30, +3.3%: In a time-honored tradition, traders are buying up Superbowl-themed stocks ahead of the big game. When these companies report their sales after the Superbowl game, the numbers are expected to boost these stocks slightly.
Biggest Intraday Declines
- Seacor Holdings, Inc. (NYSE:CKH) 70.35-71.44, -21.79%: The stock has jumped down significantly from around $90 to around $70 overnight. It has entered oversold territory, as reported by Forbes.
- Life Time Fitness (NYSE:LTM) 39.65-42.50, -21.13%: This luxury gym announced preliminary earnings results below expectations and cut guidance for 2013.
- SandRidge Mississippian Trust II (NYSE:SDR) 15.73-16.95, -13.80%: SDR declared their next quarter’s dividend in the amount of $0.532557, an 11% drop from last quarter’s dividend.
- Harris Teeter Supermarkets (NYSE:HTSI) 37.29-38.84, -9.16%: This upscale supermarket chain is feeling the ill effects of sluggish holiday sales reported in their earnings release.
- M/I Homes (NYSE:MHO) 25.83-27.57, -4.88%: This housing stock is continuing its slide down from parabolic highs, especially since its disappointing earnings yesterday.
InvestorPlace advisor John Lansing tracks the charts all day and offers expert technical analysis in his day trading, options and trading services: Power Trading at the Open, Parabolic Options and Trending123. For more information on which service is for you click here.