The following are some of today’s most notable movers of interest, categorized by market capitalization (large cap over $10 billion and mid cap between $2-$10 billion) and ranked by percent change (all stocks over 100K average daily volume).
Large Cap Gainers
- Virgin Media (NASDAQ:VMED) $44.50 – $46.43, +17.89%: According to the Wall Street Journal, Liberty Global Inc. (NASDAQ: LBTYA) plans to buy VMED. If the takeover goes through, it will be announced Wednesday or sooner.
- Estee Lauder Companies (NYSE:EL) $62.55 – $66.07, +6.00%: Estee Lauder is up on positive earnings, beating EPS by 11 cents.
- ARM Holdings (NASDAQ:ARMH) 43.29 – 44.10, +4.15%: ARM reported in-line EPS in its report, but beat revenue expectations.
Large Cap Losers
- Baidu (NASDAQ:BIDU) $95.30 – $99.65, -10.10%: Chinese online search company BIDU announced earnings yesterday. The past quarter showed the slowest profit growth for the company since 2009.
- Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.- Petrobras (NYSE:PBR) $16.56-$17.20, -6.27%: PBR stocks traded down after the company released earnings, which revealed growing profits but also that the company had crossed its debt limit.
- Edwards Lifesciences Corp. (NYSE:EW) $86.36 – $90.86, -6.78%: EW reported in-line EPS and revenues above expectations, but guided Q1 EPS and revenues lower.
Mid Cap Gainers
- AECOM Technology (NYSE:ACM) $25.55 – $27.65, +7.70%: AECOM released positive earnings, beating EPS by 3 cents.
- Regal-Beloit Corporation (NYSE:RBC) $74.11 – $79.65, +5.25%: RBC released positive earnings, beating both revenues and EPS.
- Cisco Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:CSCO) $20.88 – $21.20, +1.25%: Cisco reported positive earnings, beating EPS by 14 cents and raising EPS expectations for 2013.
Mid Cap Losers
- SolarWinds (NYSE:SWI) $52.06 – $56.20, -5.19%: Investors remained bearish on SWI ‘s prospects despite the earnings release today, which guided Q1 EPS and revenues above consensus.
- Clean Harbors (NYSE:CLH) $51.57 – $55.44 , -4.12%: Clean Harbors disclosed the resignation of CFO Robert E. Gannon.
- BRE Properties (NYSE:BRE) $46.80 – $49.00, -4.80%: BRE increased their dividend 10 cents, but guided FY13 FFO below consensus.
InvestorPlace advisor John Lansing tracks the charts all day and offers expert technical analysis in his day trading, options and trading services: Power Trading at the Open, Parabolic Options and Trending123. For more information on which service is for you click here.