The following are some of today’s most notable movers of interest, ranked by percentage change (all stocks over 100K average daily volume).
Biggest Intraday Gainers
- Avon Products (NYSE:AVP) 18.65-21.11, 22.05%: AVP traded way up after positive earnings, beating analyst EPS expectations by 10 cents. However, revenue for the quarter came in at $2.96 billion versus the consensus estimate of $3 billion.
- Masco Corp. (NYSE:MAS) 19.04-20.43, 12.48%: MAS moved up after positive earnings showing growth in all areas of business for the first time since the housing bust. Fourth-quarter revenue for MAS increased to $1.89 billion from $1.74 billion in 2012.
- Michael Kors (NYSE:KORS) 62.12-64.80, 9.77%: KORS reported earnings today, with revenue up 70% from last year. Retail net sales increased 66.8% to $332.6 million.
- Sourcefire (NASDAQ:FIRE) 40.18-43.94, 9.30%: President Obama is expected to issue an executive order to combat cyber attacks after the State of the Union address. Cyber security stocks that receive government business like Sourcefire have rallied.
- Barclays (NYSE:BCS) 20.06-20.60, 9.13%: Barclays’ new management has stringent cost-cutting plans to streamline the company, as announced in the Strategic Review released today.
Biggest Intraday Declines
- Level 3 Communications (NYSE:LVLT) 20.77-22.56, -11.52%: LVLT is down on disappointing earnings, with revenues falling 1% in Q4 compared to the same quarter last year.
- Valspar Corp. (NYSE:VAL) 60.51-63.22, -7.13%: VAL is down on disappointing earnings, with revenues for Q1 dropping 1% to $875.2 million from $885.6 million in the same period of last year.
- Cubic Corp.(NYSE:CUB) 44.25-46.91, -7.00%: Analysts at Benchmark downgraded CUB from Buy to Hold and lowered the price target to $46.00.
- Ocean Rig UDW (NASDAQ:ORIG) 16.26-16.75, -6.78%: Ocean Rig UDW has announced that DryShips (NASDAQ:DRYS) will be selling five million shares of common stock in Ocean Rig. All proceeds from the sale will go to DryShips.
- Comstock Resources (NYSE:CRK) 13.02-13.88, -6.69%: CRK has continued its slide down after a disappointing earnings report yesterday, with EPS that missed analysts’ consensus estimate of 35 cents by 20 cents
InvestorPlace advisor John Lansing tracks the charts all day and offers expert technical analysis in his day trading, options and trading services: Power Trading at the Open, Parabolic Options and Trending123. For more information on which service is for you click here.