The following are some of today’s most notable movers of interest, ranked by percentage change (all stocks over 100K average daily volume).
Biggest Intraday Advances
- Proto Labs (NYSE:PRLB) 46.70-53.91, +27.07%: PRLB traded to a new high for the year after releasing positive earnings this morning, with revenues rising 31% to $33.6 million from $25.6 million in the year-ago quarter.
- Ebix Inc. (NASDAQ:EBIX) 17.28-19.84, +12.34%: Yield chasers bought up EBIX since today it went ex-dividend. The $0.075 dividend will be paid out on February 28.
- Icahn Enterprises (NASDAQ:IEP) 72.84-78.24, +8.05%: IEP has tripled its dividend. Carl Icahn has decided to take dividends for his share of the company in shares, a sign his interests are aligned with shareholders.
- Groupon (NASDAQ:GRPN) 5.51-5.71, +6.05%: Analysts at Sterne Agee upgraded GRPN from Neutral to Buy and established a $9 target.
- Sandridge Energy (NYSE:SD) 5.62-5.98, +5.51%: Despite a lawsuit from an investor in alleging that SD managers breached their fiduciary duties, investors may be following Omega Advisors’ rotation from Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL) to SandRidge Energy.
Biggest Intraday Declines
- Ezchip Semiconductor Limited (NASDAQ:EZCH) 24.00-35.49, -19.04%: EZCH is down after announcing one-time charges due to early repayment of $9.9 million to the Israeli Office of Chief Scientist in their annual report.
- Cliffs Natural Resources (NYSE:CLF) 29.33-31.20, -19.01%: CLF has continued its slide down after announcing yesterday that it incurred losses in fourth quarter after logging $2 billion in impairment charges. CLF has also reduced its dividend amount.
- Rackspace Hosting (NYSE:RAX) 60.85-65.40, -18.71%: RAX missed revenue expectations, and was downgraded from “Buy” to “Hold” at Stifel Nicolaus.
- Buffalo Wild Wings (NASDAQ:BWLD) 75.99-79.20, -6.25%: Though BWLD showed increased profits and revenues above expectations, earnings were not enough to surpass analyst estimates.
- Blackberry (NASDAQ:BBRY) 14.06-15.39, -5.66%: BlackBerry has announced it will not be releasing any bargain-level smartphones in an effort to establish brand exclusivity.
InvestorPlace advisor John Lansing tracks the charts all day and offers expert technical analysis in his day trading, options and trading services: Power Trading at the Open, Parabolic Options and Trending123. For more information on which service is for you click here.