The following are some of today’s most notable movers of interest, ranked by percentage change (all stocks over 100K average daily volume). Small-cap stocks have been excluded.
Biggest Intraday Gainers
- Millennial Media (NYSE:MM) 12.77-14.23, +12.76%: MM is trading up on an Oppenheimer analyst’s prediction of a positive Q4 earnings report.
- MeadWestvaco Corp. (NYSE:MWV) 33.05-35.80, +8.87%: Trian Fund Management reported newly acquired shares in MWV in a securities filing yesterday. Trian reported holding 1.6 million shares in MWV valued at approximately $51 million.
- Pharmacyclics (NASDAQ:PCYC) 80.00-87.24, +7.80%: PCYC is trading up after positive earnings released after the close yesterday. EPS came in at $0.62—down from the same quarter last year, but above analyst estimates.
- Datalink Corp. (NASDAQ:DTLK) 9.83-10.3, +7.55%: DTLK reported earnings yesterday, and is trading way up on the news of a 24% earnings gain and increased revenues from an acquisition.
- Ellie Mae (NYSE:ELLI) 21.79-23.75, + 6.94%: is trending up after earnings. ELLI increased revenues by 60% year over year and saw a 10% rise in users of its loan origination software.
Biggest Intraday Decliners
- LogMeIn (NASDAQ:LOGM) 16.70-18.16, -27.94%: LOGM announced a dismal outlook for the first quarter because of higher tax rates (50% compared to 39% last quarter). Adjusted earnings are expected to come in between 9 cents and 10 cents per share on revenue in the range of $36 million to $36.5 million.
- eHealth (NASDAQ:EHTH) 19.53-24.25, -22.76%: EHTH reported earnings with EPS above analyst expectations, but revenues were $45.3 million, falling short of the consensus estimate of $46.15 million.
- IPG Photonics (NASDAQ:IPGP) 59.67-64.99, -10.31%: IPGP reported EPS at 67 cents per share, 8 cents below expectations. Revenues were also short of the mark at $145 million compared to the $146.44 million expected.
- Ruckus Wireless (NYSE:RKUS) 19.91-22.67, -9.71%: Ruckus has slumped after positive earnings, and is trading under its 50-day moving average.
- B&G Foods (NYSE:BGS) 29.60-31.00, -7.04%: BGS is down on earnings below expectations. Though EPS was up 7% compared to the year-ago quarter, it was 7 cents under expectations.
InvestorPlace advisor John Lansing tracks the charts all day and offers expert technical analysis in his day trading, options and trading services: Power Trading at the Open, Parabolic Options and Trending123. For more information on which service is for you click here.