The following are some of today’s most notable movers of interest, ranked by percent change since yesterday’s close (all stocks over 100,000 average daily volume). Small-cap stocks have been excluded.
Biggest Intraday Gains
- WMS Industries (NYSE:WMS) 24.52–25.34, +51.86%: Scientific Games Corporation (NASDAQ:SGMS) has entered a definitive agreement to acquire WMS.
- Fortinet (NASDAQ:FTNT) 22.60–24.24, +23.98%: FTNT reported positive earnings yesterday, with EPS two cents above analyst estimates and revenues at $151.2 million versus the consensus estimate of $144.28 million.
- Jds Uniphase Corp. (NASDAQ:JDSU) 14.00–15.14, +19.19%: JDSU reported positive earnings today, with EPS four cents better than analyst estimates and revenues at $429.9 million versus the consensus estimate of $424.19 million.
- Pitney Bowes (NYSE:PBI) 12.76–14.37, +17.95%: PBI reported positive earnings today, with EPS of 56 cents, which was above estimates but below last year’s EPS of 98 cents.
- Citrix Systems (NASDAQ:CTXS) 72.68–75.50, +10.26%: Citrix is up on positive earnings released yesterday, with revenues for 2012 up 17% compared to 2011.
Biggest Intraday Declines
- Liquidity Services (NASDAQ:LQDT) 29.30–34.08, -24.91%: LQDT released disappointing earnings today, with a 26% drop in profits for the quarter due to one-time costs.
- Constellation Brands (NYSE:STZ) 28.37–39.25, -17.85%: STZ is down after the Department of Justice blocked the company’s planned acquisition (paywall) of Grupo Modelo.
- Elizabeth Arden (NASDAQ:RDEN) 35.10–39.32, -17.16%: The beauty company released earnings short of estimates and cut 2013 guidance.
- Time Warner Cable (NYSE:TWC) 89.75–95.60, -10.84%: TWC has fallen on a pessimistic growth outlook for the company. CFO Irene Esteves said that rises in costs and a decline in political ads are expected to stress profit margins.
- M/I Homes (NYSE:MHO) 24.93–27.65, -6.17%: In line with predictions, this housing stock is taking a downturn after a parabolic rally.
InvestorPlace advisor John Lansing tracks the charts all day and offers expert technical analysis in his day trading, options and trading services: Power Trading at the Open, Parabolic Options and Trending123. For more information on which service is for you click here.