The following are some of today’s most interesting stocks categorized by market capitalization (large caps over $10 billion and mid cap between $2-$10 billion) and ranked by % change (all stocks have more than 100,000 average daily volume).
- Teck Resources (NYSE:TCK); +2.47%: Coal and iron ore stocks are pushing higher
- Facebook (NASDAQ:FB); +2.08%: The social network stock was upgraded from “underperform” to “outperform” at BMO Capital Markets, while Stifel Nicolaus raised its target for FB to $31
- Mosaic (NYSE:MOS), +2.28%: A new agreement was reached between Mosaic, Agrium (NYSE:AGU), and Potash’s (NYSE:POT) Canpotex and Sinofert
- Watson Pharmaceuticals (NYSE:WPI); -3.65%: WP declined on news that its competitor Covidien (NYSE:COV) received FDA approval for manufacturing and marketing a generic version of CONCERTA.
- Chesapeake Energy (NYSE:CHK); -1.75%: The stock is faltering thanks to a Wall Street Journal piece that suggests the Aubrey McClendon probe will continue.
- Intuit (NASDAQ:INTU); -0.57%: Intuit’s chairman sold 210,136 shares at $59.64-60.89 worth about $12.6 million
- Qihoo 360 Technology (NASDAQ:QIHU); +5.67%: Positive murmurs at Wedge Partners likely behind the move up
- US Airways Group (NYSE:LCC); +5.25%: AMR pilots have reportedly approved an memorandum of understanding over merger with US Airways.
- Cliffs Natural Resources (NYSE:CLF); +5.54%): As noted above, coal and iron ore stocks are pushing higher
- L-3 Communications (NYSE:LLL); -0.54%: Aerospace/defense stocks breaking down across the board
- Quest Diagostics (NYSE:DGX); -0.66%): The company sold OralDNA Labs to Access Genetics and the stock is getting hit
InvestorPlace advisor John Lansing tracks the charts all day and offers expert technical analysis in his day trading, options and trading services: Power Trading at the Open, Parabolic Options and Trending123. For more information on which service is for you click here.