The following are some of today’s most notable movers of interest, categorized by market capitalization (large cap over $10 billion and mid cap between $2-10 billion) and ranked by percentage change (all stocks over 100K average daily volume).
Large Cap Gainers
- LinkedIn Corporation (NYSE:LNKD) $140.14 – $151.66, +22.22%: LNKD beat quarterly EPS expectations by $0.16; revenue was up 81.0% year over year to $303.6 million versus estimates of $279.6 million.
- Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ:ATVI) $12.90 – $13.94, +11.90%: The Company beat quarterly EPS expectations by $0.06 and reported revenue that was up 7.8% year over year to $2.6 billion versus estimates of $2.44 billion.
- Melco Crown Entertainment Limited (NASDAQ:MPEL) $19.90 – $20.77, +5.71%: With Chinese New Year this weekend, many Macau resorts have sold out for the holiday. The Nevada Gaming Control Board also recorded a 10.24% year over year increase in non-restricted gaming licensee gaming win.
Large Cap Losers
- Moody’s Corp. (NYSE:MCO) $40.67 – $46.38, -11.54%: The Company beat quarterly EPS estimates by $0.02, revenues went up 33.0% to $754.2 million versus an estimate of $683.26 million and it predicts EPS of $3.45-3.55 for fiscal year 2013. However, the stock has been slammed due to recent Department of Justice actions against Standard & Poor’s.
- Teck Resources Limited (NYSE:TCK) $32.96 – $34.26, -4.29%: The Company has been downgraded from Overweight to Neutral by analysts at JP Morgan (NYSE:JPM).
- Republic Services, Inc. (NYSE:RSG) $29.99 – $31.29, -2.70%: RSG missed quarterly EPS by $0.06 less than the $0.43 estimate and the stock took a hit even though revenues rose to $2.03 billion versus estimates of $2 billion.
Mid Cap Gainers
- FleetCor Technologies, Inc. (NYSE:FLT) $64.34 – $68.23, +11.10%: FLT beat quarterly EPS estimates, coming in at $0.82 versus an estimate of $0.75. Revenues were also up 47.4% year over year to $185 million versus estimates of $178.93 million. The Company predicts fiscal year 2013 EPS of $3.61-3.69 versus estimates of $3.40 along with revenues of between $790-810 million versus estimates of $776.16 million.
- AOL Inc. (NYSE:AOL) $33.26 – $35.84, +6.59%: The board recently authorized repurchase of up to $100 million of common stock. AOL barely beat EPS by $0.01 while revenues went up 3.9% year over year to $599.5 million.
- NetEase, Inc. (NASDAQ:NTES) $49.15 – $52.44, +6.34%: Deutsche Bank recently upgraded NTES from Hold to Buy.
Mid Cap Losers
- Nuance Communications, Inc. (NASDAQ:NUAN) $19.80 – $20.91, -18.50%: NUAN just missed quarterly EPS by $0.01 as revenues went up and came in at $492.4 million. Targets were lowered at FBR Capital and Mizuho and the stock was downgraded to Hold from Buy at Needham and to Hold from Buy at Stifel Nicolaus.
- Riverbed Technology, Inc. (NASDAQ:RVBD) $15.92 – $17.30, -18.21%: Reported Q4 EPS (in-line) with estimates, revenues were up 17.0% year over year and came in at $238.7 million. However, the stock was downgraded to Market Perform from Outperform at FBR Capital, downgraded to Hold from Buy at Cantor Fitzgerald and was reinstated with a Neutral rating from Buy at Lazard.
By John Lansing, Editor, Parabolic Options
InvestorPlace advisor John Lansing tracks the charts all day and offers expert technical analysis in his day trading, options and trading services: Power Trading at the Open, Parabolic Options and Trending123. For more information on which service is for you click here.