The following are some of today’s most notable movers of interest, categorized by market capitalization (large cap over $10 billion and mid cap between $2-$10 billion) and ranked by percent change (all stocks over 100K average daily volume).
Large Cap Gainers
- Seagate Technology PLC (NASDAQ:STX) $31.95 – $33.00, +4.80%: STX announced earnings estimates today. The company expects Q2 revenues of at least $3.6 billion and gross margins of more than 27%.
- Harley-Davidson, Inc. (NYSE:HOG) $49.25 – $50.88, +3.54%: Based on Q4 retail sales up 6-8%, Citigroup has reaffirmed a Buy rating for HOG.
- Facebook (NASDAQ:FB) $29.49 – $30.49, +4.26%: Facebook’s mystery invitation to a press conference has sparked a frenzy of speculation.
Large Cap Losers
- Nokia (NYSE:NOK) $3.77 – $3.98, -7.90%: NOK is up on rumors that Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL) may offer a lower priced iPhone
- ArcelorMittal (NYSE:MT) $16.63 – $17.21, -4.39%: Announced a secondary stock offering of $3.5 billion
- Bank of America (NYSE:BAC) $11.44 – $12.00, -4.09%: Downgraded to Neutral from Outperform at Credit Suisse (NYSE:CS)
Mid Cap Gainers
- Clearwire (NASDAQ:CLWR) $3.12 – $3.15, +7.71%: Clearwire received an unsolicited offer to be acquired by DISH Network (NASDAQ:DISH) for $3.30 per share
- Hologic, Inc. (NASDAQ:HOLX) $21.74 – $23.22, +7.85%: Results of an Oslo breast cancer screening trial concluded that Hologic’s 3D mammography, in combination with a 2D breast exam, finds significantly more cancers and reduces false positives.
- Global Payments (NYSE:GPN) $48.13 – $50.17, +5.43%: GPN released positive earnings yesterday and was upgraded to Overweight at JP Morgan
Mid Cap Losers
- Apollo Group (NASDAQ:APOL) $18.52 – $19.89, -6.40%: APOL beat quarterly EPS by $0.32 in its quarterly earnings report yesterday, but revenues fell 10.0% year over year, as did University of Phoenix degree enrollment, which fell 14.3% year over year and new degree enrollment, which fell 15.1% year over year. APOL has reduced guidance for FY13 revenues.
- J.C. Penney Company (NYSE:JCP) $18.28 – $18.90, -2.00%: Downgraded to Neutral from Outperform at Macquarie
- Tesoro Corporation (NYSE:TSO) $39.85 – $41.50, -3.57%: Tesoro plans to convert its Hawaii refinery to an import, storage and distribution terminal; which means one-time charges of $1.00-1.10 per share
InvestorPlace advisor John Lansing tracks the charts all day and offers expert technical analysis in his day trading, options and trading services: Power Trading at the Open, Parabolic Options and Trending123. For more information on which service is for you click here.