The following are some of today’s most notable movers of interest; categorized by market capitalization (large cap over $10 billion and mid cap between $2-$10 billion) and ranked by % change (all stocks over 100,000 average daily volume).
Large Cap Gainers
- FMC Technologies, Inc. (NYSE:FTI) $44.38 – $46.04, +4.24%: Upgraded to Overweight from Equal-Weight at Morgan Stanley (NYSE:MS).
- Kinross Gold Corporation (NYSE:KGC) $9.44 – $9.77, +2.75%: Broad-based strength in metals/mining stocks (Goldcorp Inc. (NYSE:GG), Yamana Gold, Inc. (NYSE:AUY), Barrick Gold Corporation (NYSE:ABX))
- Symantec Corporation (NASDAQ:SYMC) $20.13 – $20.84, +3.87%: Upgraded to Overweight from Equal-Weight at Morgan Stanley (NYSE:MS).
Large Cap Losers
- SAP AG (NYSE:SAP) $77.15 – $78.55, -5.21%: Company issued downside guidance for Q4 and said it sees Q4 revenues up significantly against estimates
- ARM Holdings (NASDAQ:ARMH) $40.26 – $40.70, -4.32%: Downgraded to Equal-Weight from Overweight at Morgan Stanley (NYSE:MS).
- The Royal Bank of Scotland Group (NYSE:RBS) $11.32 – $11.51, -3.04%: According to reports, the company may pay $804 million in LIBOR fines next week; reports indicate that company’s India unit is in discussions to be acquired by Yes Bank.
Mid Cap Gainers
- Chimera Investment Corporation (NYSE:CIM) $2.75 – $2.87, +3.85%: The company obtained an additional 30-day NYSE listing extension.
- Oceaneering International, Inc. (NYSE:OII) $56.57 – $59.24, +4.19%: Upgraded to Overweight at Morgan Stanley (NYSE:MS).
- Mellanox Technologies, Ltd. (NASDAQ:MLNX) $51.25 – $53.59, +1.70%: Upgraded to Buy from Neutral at UBS AG (NYSE:UBS).
Mid Cap Losers
- Lululemon Athletica Inc. (NASDAQ:LULU) $66.30 – $69.81, -3.80%: The company increased Q4 EPS slightly (in-line) and said it sees revenue at the high end of previous range (below consensus); reaffirmed comp guidance; downgraded to Underperform at Buckingham Research; defended at Telsey Advisory Group.
- AU Optronics Corp. (NYSE:AUO) $4.05 – $4.14, -3.08%: Rumors are that it’s been downgraded to Underweight at JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE:JPM).
- LG Display Co., Ltd. (NYSE:LPL) $12.97 – $13.18, -3.61%: Reports are that it’s been downgraded to Neutral at Macquarie Infrastructure Company (NYSE:MIC).
InvestorPlace advisor John Lansing tracks the charts all day and offers expert technical analysis in his day trading, options and trading services: Power Trading at the Open, Parabolic Options and Trending123. For more information on which service is for you click here.