The following are some of today’s most notable movers of interest, categorized by market capitalization (large cap over $10 billion and mid cap between $2-$10 billion) and ranked by percentage change (all stocks over 100K average daily volume).
Large Cap Gainers
- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:REGN) $168.49 – $182.59, +4.11%: Regeneron received a Hart-Scott-Rodino notice from Sanofi (NYSE:SNY), a company with which they have several product deals. Sanofi intends to buy over $500 million in Regeneron stock.
- CSX Corporation (NYSE:CSX) $22.26 – $22.74, +3.28%: Barron’s released a positive article on this railroad stock on Saturday.
- Sanofi (NYSE:SNY) 47.41 – 48.27, +3.16%: Federal regulators have sent a much-hyped insulin drug from Novo Nordisc (NYSE:NVO) back for more testing. SNY is benefitting from NVO’s loss.
Large Cap Losers
- Novo Nordisc (NYSE:NVO) $163.52 – $167.40, -14.37%: Federal regulators have rejected much-hyped insulin drugs from Novo Nordisc, sending it back for further testing.
- Yamana Gold (NYSE:AUY) $15.71 – $16.32, -4.66%: Gold and silver stocks are trending down today
- Amgen (NASDAQ:AMGN) $84.59 – $85.98, -1.92%: AMGN is down after being downgraded to Market Perform from Outperform at William Blair
Mid Cap Gainers
- Starz (NASDAQ:STRZA) $17.00 – $18.52 , +8.82%: STRZA is up after announcing a five-year contract that allows Starz first-run rights to Sony’s (NYSE:SNE) new movie releases
- AOL (NYSE:AOL) $34.82 – $36.44, +7.03%: AOL is up on analyst upgrades from Jeffries and RBC Capital Markets
- Zynga (NASDAQ:ZNGA) $3.46 – $3.67, +6.70%: ZNGA reported surprise profits in their earnings last week.
Mid Cap Losers
- Gulfport Energy Corporation (NASDAQ:GPOR) $38.92 – $40.17, -4.33%: Today GPOR announced a 7.75 million-share underwritten public offering as well as a plan to acquire additional land in the Utica Shale.
- Green Mountain Coffee Roasters (NASDAQ:GMCR) $42.86 – $44.91, -4.30%: GMCR is falling after a downgrade to Neutral from Buy at Dougherty & Company
- Cameco Corporation (NYSE:CCJ) $20.56 – $21.44, -3.79%: The company released disappointing earnings today, with revenues falling 1.3% year over year.
InvestorPlace advisor John Lansing tracks the charts all day and offers expert technical analysis in his day trading, options and trading services: Power Trading at the Open, Parabolic Options and Trending123. For more information on which service is for you click here.