The following are some of today’s most notable movers of interest; categorized by market capitalization (large cap over $10 billion and mid cap between $2-10 billion) and ranked by % change (all stocks over 100K average daily volume).
Large Cap Gainers
- Panasonic Corporation (NYSE:PC) 5.44 +7.51%: Barclays upgraded to PC to Overweight from Equal weight. It was announced that Virtual PBX has certified nearly all Panasonic SIP Business Phones for use with all Virtual PBX services.
- Aetna Inc. (NYSE:AET) 46.32 +4.14%: PC fiscal year 2012 Earnings Per Share guidance of around $5.10 came up short of the $5.14 estimate but is seeing revenues of about $35.5 billion that beat estimates of $35.48 billion.
- Hess Corporation (NYSE:HES) 52.24 +3.30%: HES announced the discovery of Pecan-1 off the shore of Ghana.
Large Cap Losers
- Cobalt International Energy, Inc. (NYSE:CIE) 25.26 -7.98%: CIE priced $1.2 billion of 2.625% convertible senior notes due in 2019
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited (NYSE:TEVA) 39.64 -4.87%: TEVA held analyst day yesterday but was removed from the Wells Fargo Priority Stock List and was downgraded to Market Perform from Outperform by Leerink Swann.
- Seagate Technology Public Limited Company (NASDAQ:STX) 27.98 -3.62%: JP Morgan downgraded STX to Underweight from Neutral.
Mid Cap Gainers
- Netflix, Inc. (NASDAQ:NFLX) 90.84 +5.53%: Morgan Stanley raised their target for NFLX to $105 from $80.
- Alpha Natural Resources, Inc. (NYSE:ANR) 9.53 +4.73%: Tudor Pickering upgraded ANR to Accumulate from Hold.
- Dolby Laboratories, Inc. (NYSE:DLB) 35.77 +4.62%: DLB announced a one-time special dividend of $4.00 per share.
Mid Cap Losers
- Incyte Corporation (NASDAQ:INCY) 16.7 -6.39%: After the acquisition of YM Biosciences (NYSE:YMI) by Gilead Sciences (NASDAQ:GILD), INCY began trading lower.
- Garmin Ltd. (NASDAQ:GRMN) 40.76 -3.87%: Rumors that Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL) could overtake rival company TomTom pushed GRMN down.
- Access Midstream Partners, L.P. (NYSE:ACMP) 32.83 -3.53%: ACMP announced an underwritten public offering of 13.75 million common units representing limited partner interests and a $1.4 billion offering of senior notes due in 2023.
John Lansing tracks the charts all day and offers expert technical analysis in his day trading, options and trading services: Power Trading at the Open, Parabolic Options and Trending123. For more information on which service is for you click here.