The following are some of today’s most notable movers of interest; categorized by market capitalization (large cap over $10 billion and mid cap between $2-$10 billion) and ranked by percent change (all stocks over 100K average daily volume).
Large Cap Gainers
- Qualcomm (NASDAQ:QCOM) 61.87 +3.41: Hearing positive mention for semiconductors at UBS
- Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE:WFC) 34.21 +3.20: Trading up alongside strength in large bank companies like Bank of America (NYSE:BAC), Citigroup (NYSE:C), Goldman Sachs (NYSE:GS), JPMorgan Chase (NYSE:JPM), Morgan Stanley (NYSE:MS), U.S. Bancorp (NYSE:USB) and PNC Financial Services (NYSE:PNC)
- American International Group (NYSE:AIG) 34.69 +2.21: Announced a Hong Kong sale of up to all of its ordinary shares of AIA Group Limited.
Large Cap Losers
- Sun Life Financial (NYSE:SLF) 27.7 -1.74: Sun Life announced the sale of their U.S. annuity business to Delaware Life Holdings for $1.35 billion. This move is expected to reduce EPS by around 22 cents.
- Facebook (NASDAQ:FB) 26.49 -1.19: Online poker legislation has stalled and may not be a part of a fiscal cliff proposal for raising tax revenue.
- Fidelity National Information Services (NYSE:FIS) 35.36 -0.34: Director Thomas M. Hagerty sold 162,390 shares at $35.75/share.
Mid Cap Gainers
- Compuware (NASDAQ:CPWR) 10.95 +14.90: Received proposal to be acquired by Elliott Management Corp for $11.00 per share in cash
- Ariad Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:ARIA) 20.16 +6.50: William Blair and RBC Capital Markets both view ARIA’s recent decline as a time to buy.
- Alcatel Lucent (NYSE:ALU) 1.32 +6.45: Evercore initiated ALU coverage with an Overweight rating; Natixis Bleichroeder upgraded to Buy from Neutral
Mid Cap Losers
- Clearwire (NASDAQ:CLWR) 2.94 -12.76: The deal was finally reached today—Clearwire will be acquired by Sprint (NYSE:S) for $2.97 per share
- First Majestic Silver Corp. (NYSE:AG) 21.13 -7.81: AG announced an agreement to acquire Orko Silver Corp. (CVE:OK).
- SandRidge Energy (NYSE:SD) 6.44 -3.88: Downgraded to Sell from Hold at Canaccord Genuity