The following are some of today’s most notable movers of interest, categorized by market capitalization (large cap over $10 billion and mid cap between $2-$10 billion) and ranked by % change (all stocks over 100K average daily volume).
Large Cap Gainers
- Nokia (NYSE:NOK) 4.17 +5.57%: Nokia may collaborate with Verizon (NYSE:VZ) on a flagship phone.
- Canon (NYSE:CAJ) 39.42 +4.37 %: Rating upgraded from underperform to neutral at Zacks.
- Goldman Sachs (NYSE:GS) 126.94+4.37%: Rating upgraded from neutral to positive at Susquehanna.
Large Cap Losers
- CNH Global (NYSE:CNH) 40.38 -18.26% from yesterday: Trading ex dividend; held a meeting yesterday announcing a new class of shares and a special $10 dividend.
- Reynolds American (NYSE:RAI) 41.99 -2.08% Tobacco related names are under pressure because of an EU proposal to ban menthol cigarettes and require warning labels to cover 75% of the package.
- Vodaphone (NASDAQ:VOD) 25.42 -0.80%: Reports indicate potential VOD subscribers decline.
Mid Cap Gainers
- Youku Tudou (NYSE:YOKU) 18.78 +10.80%: Upgraded from underperform to outperform at Macquarie.
- Ctrip.com International (NASDAQ:CTRP) 22.86 +3.56%: Upgraded from neutral to outperform at Macquarie.
- Community Health Systems (NYSE:CYH) 31.32 +3.30%): Initiated with an overweight rating at JP Morgan (NYSE:JPM).
Mid Cap Losers
- AuRico Gold (NYSE:AUQ) 8.05 -4.17%: Downgraded to Market Perform at BMO Capital Markets.
- Inergy (NYSE:NRGY) 17.44 -3.59%: NRGY will be removed from the Alerian MLP Index (NYSE:AMZ) and switched out with Holly Energy Partners (NYSE:HEP) on Dec. 21.
- Silgan Holdings (NASDAQ:SLGN) 42.84 -3.86%: Updated the company’s earnings outlook and lowered guidance to $2.65. The company also extended their offer to purchase up to $250 million of stock to Feb 5, 2013.